TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: "fit my budget and style."
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: "fit my budget and style."

Posted by rojoloco (San Diego) on September 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 958 times.

In Reply To the thread initially began with expressing my views posted by Ba11erz (MD) on September 10, 2011 at 07:02 AM

Message I'm going to append your sentence with "at the moment."

There is nothing but harm in the advice you gave. Sure, if we want to talk about customer service, you have an award winning campaign post. However, we are not talking solely about how quickly somebody can get a part to us.

We are talking about the overall picture. You claim the AMS parts fit your "budget and style" but do they have longevity? Where you save up front, you only lose in the end. Ever bought a tool from the dollar store? How long did it last? In the end, you wind up going out and buying the real thing or you keep losing money on the cheaper quality part. At this point, we haven't yet begun to touch the topic of ethics. We're simply brushing the basics of financial responsibility.

The ethics portion has been beat to death. I may contribute in another thread but I will refain here.

Now, let's get into economics. Vuk does not R&D his parts. They are all direct copies of another. You say there are siginificant differences. I say you are blindly justifying your stance without taking into account the reality of it all. The fact is, anybody who truly looks at the manifolds will see they are a copy with too insignificant of design changes to be considered a new design. Copying never improves the economy. Competition is a contributor but copying undoes everything that competition can help with. When your inventory is composed primarily of copied parts, the originators of those parts lose money. This only contributes to a lack of new innovation. As a result, the company copying the parts stops having new parts to copy. Eventually, their existing inventory sales will slow down because the main group of people will have already bought the parts. What now? Now the innovators are long gone and the counterfeiters are on their way out the door. Where does that leave the enthusiast? The answer is obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------
Never Play Leapfrog With A Unicorn!!!

Do yourself a favor and just worry about your own car. I don't see what everyone is so worried about anyway. If someone else wants to perform a modification that you believe will destroy the value, cheapen the Z32 or whatever you can't sit on your hands about, wouldn't that make your tastefully-modified, white bread Z32 more rare and valuable? -- BradZ (FL) on December 23, 2007 at 12:19 PM

The unicorn gets its revenge... -- Scotts94z32 on September 19, 2006 at 11:12 AM

CLICK FOR DETAILS ABOUT BUYING A ZAMA POSTER!!!!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.